I’ve had the honor of working on numerous exciting projects over the course of my career, but I have never been as proud as to be the Producer of the Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story App.
Working with Marvel and the Marvel Press staff has been nothing short of a fantastic experience. I was also lucky enough to direct the amazingly talented Stan “The Man” Lee for the narration!
So, what exactly does a Producer do? Being an App Producer can most easily be described as being comparable to a Film Director. The Producer works with all of the experts from our Editorial/Story, Art/Design, Interactivity and other various departments. Just like a Film Director, I work on a little bit of all of the above and help refine the product from concept to completion. And what exactly is a Storybook App? I like to describe it as a scene-to-scene story, in which the user predominantly controls the pace and personal duration. The combination of interactivity, moving images, still images, written words, sounds and music will hopefully entertain, teach and inspire. In both the print and digital product, Disney Publishing Worldwide is focused on telling entertaining and educational stories and experiences with the characters everyone knows and loves. And who doesn’t love Spider-Man?
Here some of the Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story App highlights:
• Narrated by comic book legend and Spider-Man co-creator Stan “The Man” Lee!
• Interactive story-themed spider-games throughout: Help Peter Parker learn to use his powers—test your strength, swing through the city, use your web-shooters to stop a burglar and much more!
• Secret Spider Hunt to win your very own “No-Prize!”
• Multiple Reading Modes: Read to Me, Read by Myself, Auto-Turn Pages, and Younger Reader Mode
• Action-packed artwork throughout!
• Includes Spidey sound effects and music!
Find full info, screenshots, videos and more here: http://marvelreads.com
Keep a look out for future updates and apps that cover all types of stories, interactivity and activities ranging from all of Marvel’s wide breadth of characters.